Monday, October 09, 2006

I didn’t get to watch any of it because I was in the boonies for the weekend, but from the sound of it the Yankees just got annihilated and the Tigers have regained a bit of their former swagger.
I really enjoy it when the Yankees lose and I’m sorry I couldn’t be there to see it in person. I’m really excited for a winter full of A-Rod trade rumors (and maybe even an actual trade) and Steinbrenner rants in the media. I don’t think he’ll fire Torre but I wouldn’t be completely surprised by that either (I wrote the previous sentence on Sunday, and have since then learned that yes, Torre is fired. But placing him withLou Pinella? The guy's a great manager, i just don't see him as a Yankee's manager.).

I recently read the Tom Verducci story about A-Rod that surprised so many people because of what Giambi said, but it’s totally hilarious now. Giambi said something along the lines of how A-Rod doesn’t know who he is and that we would find out a lot about him in the coming months…So A-Rod responded to his critics by going 1-14 (.071) and had no RBIs for the second post-season in a row. I love him. His ineptitude is quickly making him one of my favorite baseball players around. Wouldn’t it be great if he ended up as a DBack or even a Rockie and just killed it in the NL West? Ha ha. Good stuff. And with the Rangers, and now probably the Yankees still paying that ridiculous contract, a small team could probably get him for .30 cents on the dollar. It could happen.

I’m impressed with the A’s for finally clinching a series. These guys look pretty strong and I’m sure it was a big monkey off of their backs to finally clinch one. The Tigers look better, the Cards don’t look completely horrible, and the Padres/Dodgers contingent will probably go quietly into the October night. (And by Monday morning, this had also come true. That's what i get for not posting immediately after i write something..)

More when more happens.

No comments:

Labels